The Student Representative Committee (SRC) is an organization created in October 2016 and made up by students and alumni from ICD. Its aim is to be the link between students, alumni, faculty and the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy. It is made up by 6 subcommittees.
Coordinate the different subcommittees and be the visible organ of the SRC.
Work with ICD to improve the information for the new arrivals.
Help new students in their integration into the city and into ICD.
Improve the relationships between faculty, students and ICD in the academic and administrative areas.
- Professional Development Program:
Collaborate with ICD in the search of job opportunities and internship programs, as well as in the implementation of the Professional Development Program run by ICD.
- Alumni Network:
Manage the different social networks and the ICD Alumni platform.
Provide students and alumni with information about events, conferences, etc. both inside and outside ICD. And generate spaces for debate among students and alumni.
- The members of the Subcommittees will be chosen from the ICD students and alumni.
There will be at least one new student and one second or third semester student in each subcommittee.
- There will be two annual elections, the 1st of March and the 1st of November.
In March elections, it will be elected the students who substitute the members who have completed their master’s degree in February and/or those who are starting their thesis. Exceptionally, if there are not enough substitutes, students who have completed the master’s degree or start their thesis and want to remain attached to the subcommittees will be able to do it.
In November elections, it will be elected the three members of the Oversight Committee and the students who substitute the members who have completed their master’s degree in October and/or those who are starting their thesis.
Exceptionally, if there are not enough substitutes, students who have completed the master’s degree or start their thesis and want to remain attached to the subcommittees will be able to do it.
In each election, at least two places of each subcommittee will not be elected. These two places will be occupied by two members of the Subcommittee. The main goal is to have continuity in the work of the Subcommittees by maintaining at least two members between one election and another.
- Any student wishing to be member of the subcommittees may apply for it during the 10-15 days prior to the election date. The students and/or alumni will communicate the Oversight Subcommittee their name and surname, their e-mail and decide to which subcommittee they want to be member. It is possible that a student, not having clear which subcommittee want to apply, chooses to put two or more options.
In case the number of people who want to be part of a subcommittee is less than the number of places in that subcommittee, the people who applied will be elected without any election. Otherwise, a panel consisting of one representative from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd semesters will decide who will be appointed to the subcommittee/subcommittees in question.
- The election process will be posted in the Facebook Group ICD Student Forum by the Alumni Network Subcommittee. The Oversight Subcommittee will send an email to all students and will promote the SRC during the lunch break of one class.
- Only those students who are still studying a master’s degree in the center can vote for their representatives.
- If a member of the SRC wants to include in their PDP this membership, they must be in the SRC for at least 12 months, except for those students who have been involved since the creation of the SRC in October 2016 (this point is pending to be confirmed by ICD).
- Each month there will be a meeting with at least two members of all subcommittees and two members of the Oversight Committee. This meeting will outline the main tasks carried out, the road map for the next month and the objectives to be presented to the ICD representatives.
If one of the members who have to participate in these meetings does not attend twice, they will not able to have the credit for the PDP (this point is pending to be confirmed by ICD).
- The SRC will try to maintain monthly or bi-monthly meetings with the ICD representatives. These meetings may be held by members of two Subcommittees (and the Oversight Subcommittee) or by the Oversight Subcommittee and one representative of each Subcommittee.
- The main functions of the Oversight Subcommittee are:
- a. It will be responsible for follow up and coordination of the various committees.
- b. It will be responsible for looking after general SRC feedback, assisting in coordination of inter-committee programs and ensuring the articles of the SRC are updated and adhered to.
- c. Members of the committee will not hold a position in any other subcommittee barring the first election. Only 1 or at most 2 members of the committee may be elected from students who have just started their course in March or November.
- d. Alumni may hold a place in the committee in the event that there is an insufficient number of students.
- e. Members of the committee may be removed by a simple majority voting of the members of the SRC.
- f. Members of the committee will be responsible for recording the minutes of the meeting, managing the SRC account, coordinating with the various subcommittees on recruitment and addressing any inter committee grievances or grievances with the SRC by the student body.
- g. Members of the committee will be responsible of the election process, publicizing the election 10-15 days in advance of the election day.
- h. Members of the committee will be responsible to communicate to all students and alumni all important decisions made by the subcommittees.
- Each subcommittee will have a written agenda which will be posted online. The Oversight subcommittee will help in the shaping of these agendas and assist in accomplishing them in any way that it can. Oversight will have a meeting with all the subcommittees before then and put the agendas online. Additionally, each subcommittee should prepare a document at the end of its period explaining what they did, what it is in progress and what they would like to do in the future. This document will help the future members of the subcommittees.
- With a 75% of votes of the members of the SRC, one subcommittee may be removed and/or a new one may be created. Additionally, with a 75% of votes of the members of the SRC these rules can be modified.
Approved them on the 15th of February 2017 by all the members of the SRC present in the general meeting.
|Siddarth Machado, Lynda Ndinda Wamuthiani, Gabriella Gricius
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Pre-Arrivals & Arrivals:
|Billy Fink, Daniel Beja Enzinger, Tamara Robson, Laura Lumezi, Daniela Zeljko, Fanny Gratiolet, Marie Speth
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Academic:||Shayon Konjkav, Naima Rebelo, Julie Reika, Theodore Vlachos, Sophie Vos
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
|Professional Development Program:||Idrit Hysa, Katrine Haugli, Jessica Hoefer, Paolo Vona
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Alumni Network:||Jagrutti Bhargav, Victor Siurana, Siddarth Machado
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
|Extra-Curriculum:||Iskra Valeva, Eva Kieft, Nadia Naddy, Nerissa Williams
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org